- Economical switch delivers features normally found in more expensive switches.
- SFP ports enable single-mode or multimode Gigabit fiber uplinks over long distances.
- 10-/100-/1000-Mbps ports are autosensing for speed and duplex.
- Rated for extreme temperatures of -40 to +75° C.
- Dual DC power inputs for redundancy.
- IP30-rated housing is also rated for shock and vibration protection.
- Manage through a Web interface, SNMP, or command-line interface (CLI). Check
- Features bandwidth rate control, traffic prioritization, and quality of service.
- DIN rail or wall mount.
Multiple ports for flexibility.
This switch has ten 10/10/1000-Mbps RJ-45 copper ports and four RJ-45/SFP copper/fiber Gigabit combo ports for uplinks. It offers full wire-speed forwarding rates, autonegotiates for network speeds, and Auto-MDI/MDI-X, eliminating the need for crossover cables.
Advanced management features help minimize network downtime by enabling you to remotely diagnose and manage network problems. And you'll eliminate the need to send IT technicians on site—thus lowering costs.
The switch is fully manageable through SNMP, a Web browser, Telnet, or a console port. Control the bandwidth on each port individually and set up Quality of Service (QoS) priority queuing for critical applications.
The switch supports port-based VLAN and IEEE 802.1Q VLAN tagging, MAC-based trunking, IP-multicast IGMP snooping, rapid spanning tree for redundancy. Plus, it has 802.1x port-based authentication for security.
The switch gives you maximum network flexibility: Spanning Tree Protocol (STP/RSTP), Link Aggregation Control Protocol, and a ring protocol. It offers a 20 millisecond or less failover.
- Encased in an IP30-rated metal case, this switch withstands extreme temperatures from -40°C to +75°C (-40° F to +167° F). Use it for:
- Security and surveillance, particularly to backhaul IP security camera data.
- Military applications, especially in ships and other vehicles.
- Factory automation for controlling machinery, PLCs, motor drives, sensors, counters, inspection cameras, and packaging equipment.
- Oil and gas fields or remote equipment monitoring and control.
- Building automation for controlling HVAC and lighting systems.
The switch features redundant power inputs and includes a DIN-rail mount. The panel and rack mounting kits and power supplies (MDR-40-12, MDR-40-24, MDR-40-48, and SDR-240-48) are sold separately. The switch also includes a serial cable (RJ-45/DB9) for the console connection.