The AXAGON ADS-1PS active USB converter easily extends your computer with a RS 232 standard serial port.
An ideal accessory for your laptop to connect barcode readers, cash register printers, microcontroller programmers, modems, and to upgrade or configure set-top boxes, security devices, switches, transmitters and other devices.
Compatible with most applications that do not require their own interruption. Seamless compatibility thanks to the original Prolific chip (beware of adapters with non-original chips).
High quality double-shielded USB cable for stable data transmissions without interference.
Very durable adapter body suitable even for industrial applications.
• USB 2.0 full speed 12 Mbit/s interface, USB 1.1 backward compatibility.
• Connecting USB 2.0 port with Type A male connector on a 1.5 m long cable permanently attached to the adapter.
• 1x serial RS232 port with a DB9 male connector integrated in the adapter’s body.
• Transmission rate adjustable in range 75 bit/s - 128 kbit/s.
• Compatible with 16C950 UART, backward compatible with 16C550, 16C650, 16C750 and 16C850.
• Plug and Play support.
• FIFO buffer sending 256B and receiving 256B.
• Adjustable flow control Xon/Xoff, hardware or none.
• Adjustable word length 4, 5, 6, 7 or 8 bits.
• Adjustable parity (even, odd, none, mark, space), 1, 1.5 or 2 stop bits.
• Adjustable usage of the FIFO Buffer: receiving (1-14) and sending (1-16).
• Adjustable number of the port COM1 to COM256.
• Supports remote Wake up and power management.
• Adapter power supply via USB (bus power) - no auxiliary power supply required.
• Gold-plated connectors and contacts ensure reliable connection and prevent oxidation, thus ensuring a long life of the converter.
• The cable manufactured according to AWM Style 2725 80°C, outer cable diameter 5 mm, double shielding.
• Original Prolific PL2303TA chipset is used.
• Adapter body dimensions 34 x 59 x 16 mm, cable length 1.5 m.
• Adapter weight 78 g (including cable).
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and later, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 and later (supported are all 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows OSs), Mac OS 8 / 9, Mac OS X 10.1 and higher, Linux with kernel 2.4.31.x and above.
• Note: The driver either downloads itself from Windows Update and installs completely automatically, or download the latest driver and installation manual from the product page at www.axagon.eu.
• USB - serial adapter with a 1.5 m long permanently attached USB cable,
• the printed manual is not included, the user guide is available for download at the manufacturer's website,
• packed in a solid, sealed foil bag with print.