The advanced AXAGON ADS-1PQ active USB converter easily extends your computer with a RS 232 standard serial port.
The highest level of compatibility between USB - serial adapters thanks to the use of an original valued chip by the Scottish Necompany FTDI.
An ideal accessory for your laptop to connect barcode readers, cash register printers, microcontroller programmers, CNC machines, modems, and to upgrade or configure set-top boxes, security devices, switches, transmitters and other devices.
High quality double-shielded USB cable for stable data transmissions without interference.
Very durable adapter body suitable even for industrial applications.
• USB 2.0 full speed 12 Mbit/s interface, USB 1.1 backward compatibility.
• Connecting USB 2.0 port with Type A male connector on a 1.5 m long cable permanently attached to the adapter.
• 1x serial RS232 port with a DB9 male connector integrated in the adapter’s body.
• Transmission rate adjustable in the range 300 bit/s - 250 kbit/s.
• Compatible with 16C950 UART, backward compatible with 16C550, 16C650, 16C750 and 16C850.
• Plug and Play support.
• FIFO buffer sending 256B and receiving 128B.
• Adjustable flow control Xon/Xoff, hardware or none.
• Adjustable word length 7 or 8 bits.
• Adjustable parity (even, odd, none, mark, space), 1 or 2 stop bits.
• Adjustable usage of the FIFO Buffer: receiving (64b – 4096b) and sending (64b – 4096b).
• Adjustable latency 1 to 255 ms.
• Adjustable interruption 0 - 10,000 ms (reading) / 0 - 10,000 ms (writing).
• Adjustable idle pause 1 - 3,600 seconds.
• Possibility to activate other features: Serial Enumerator, Serial Printer, Cancel If Power Off, Event On Surprise Removal, Set RTS On Close, Disable Modem Ctrl At Startup, Enable Selective Suspend.
• Adjustable number of the port COM1 to COM256.
• Adapter power supply via USB (bus power) - no auxiliary power supply required.
• Gold-plated connectors and contacts ensure reliable connection and prevent oxidation, thus ensuring a long life of the converter.
• The cable was manufactured according to AWM Style 2725 80°C, outer cable diameter 5 mm, double shielding.
• The FTDI FT232RL chip and the serial line driver ZT213LEEA are used.
• Adapter body dimensions 34 x 59 x 16 mm, cable length 1.5 m.
• Adapter weight 78 g (including cable).
Supported operating systems:
• MS Windows 98SE / ME / 2000 / XP / Vista / 7 / 8 / 8.1 / 10 and later, Windows Server 2003 / 2008 / 2012 / 2016 and later (supported are all 32 and 64-bit versions of Windows OSs), Mac OS 8 / 9, Mac OS X 10.3 and higher, Linux with kernel 2.6.x and above.
• Note: The driver either downloads itself from Windows Update and installs completely automatically, or download the latest driver and installation manual from the product page at www.axagon.eu.
• USB - serial adapter with a 1.5 m long permanently attached USB cable,
• the printed manual is not included, the user guide is available for download at the manufacturer's website,
• packed in a solid, sealed foil bag with print.